A well-equipped studio was inaugurated on 24th January’2001 by Smt. Sushma Swaraj, the then Minister of Information & Broadcasting, Government of India. The salient features of this Studio are :-
- The size of the studio hall is 14mtrs. X 10.5 mtrs. It as been provided with a magnificent cyclorama. Nine nos. Cool lights with dimmer control facility have been provided for lightning. Acoustics treatment has been done for sound proofing. However distinguished process of this studio is the process.
- There are two Linear Edit suit , one with AGA – 850 and other with FXE – 120 Edit Control is available at this Kendra.
- There are three Non – Linear Edit suit DPS velocity, Adobe Premier Pro and CANOPUS with two work station are available at the Kendra for quality editing of Programmes.
- One of 3D graphics also available at this Kendra.
A Second Studio under provision of Additional Studio Facility has been installed and commissioned on 28.02.2007.
- This studio is completely Digital and is being used for recording purpose. The technical area and studio premises of ASF spread over an area of 500 Sq. Mtrs. The studio has been provided with a magnificent cyclorama. Motorized Lighting grids have been provided for lighting. Acoustic treatment has been done for sound proofing. Three nos. Digital Cameras(Ikegami make), Cool Lights and Hard Lights have been provided for Studio.
- A DB POWER Make 20 KVA UPS for uninterrupted power supply has been provided.
- Inside Production Control Room, facilities for monitoring all Camera outputs and VTR outputs have been provided. The Camera Control Units for each camera along with Digital and Analog Wave Form Monitors and Color Picture Monitors have been provided.
- The Digital Vision Mixer, Audio Mixer, Light’s Dimmer Controls for both type of lights, Move CG, Power CG and Digital VCRs have been provided for quality recording.
- Three Non-linear Edit Suites – One DPS Velocity , One Apple FCP and One ADOBE Premier Pro have been provided with this Studio.
- One well-equipped Make-up Room, Artist Assembly Room and one Maintenance Room for repair/servicing of equipments are also available.
An O.B. Van with Two Camera set-up was provided to this Kendra in December’2007.
- This Van is equipped with CCU, Digital VCRs, Audio Mixer, Vision Mixer, Monitors etc.
- During 2014 – 2015 the VAN has been utilized about 11 times. It has recorded and transmitter the programme of Prime Ministers visit to Jharkhand and the election campaign of parliament and assembly election.
This Kendra has been provided with some other hi-tech softwares like Off-air Logging System, News Script Automation System etc.
An Earth Station for up-linking of programmes was commissioned on 12.02.2002. On 02.03.2003, this Interim Station was replaced by a Digital Earth Station. The main features of this Digital Earth Station are given below :
- This is a completely Digital Earth Station with Computerized Controls.
- This Earth Station is being utilized for up-linking Regional Service for all HPTs/LPTs of Jharkhand, News Feeds to Delhi after Live Programmes.
- It utilizes Transponder C-2 of INSAT-4B. The Uplink Frequency is 5993 MHz. and the Downlink Frequency is 3768 MHz.
- The HPAs of this Earth Station are TWT based unlike those Klystron based HPAs used earlier.
- It has been provided with 25 KVA 1+1 UPS with Power Back Up of approx. 45-60 Mts..
One 10 KW BEL Make Transmitter was installed in the year 1984 for relaying DD-I Signals. This Valve-based Transmitter was replaced by an NEC Make Solid State Transmitter in September’2002. The significant features related to this Transmitter are :
- The Power of Transmitter is 10 KW.
- It operates on Channel-10, Band-III.
- Primary Coverage area of the Transmitter is around 70 Kms. Radial distance.
- This Transmitter is being used to relay DD-I National & Ranchi Regional Service Programmes.
- The districts covered by this Transmitter are Ranchi and parts of Gumla, Lohardagga, Chatra, Bokaro, Hazaribagh & West Singhbhum.
This Transmitter was installed in January’2001. It is an NEC Make, Solid State Transmitter. The significant aspects related to this Transmitter encompass the followings:
- The Power of Transmitter is 1 KW.
- It operates on Channel-12, Band-III
- Primary Coverage area of this Transmitter is around 50 Kms. radial distance and Secondary Coverage area is 70 Kms. radial distance.
- This transmitter is being used to relay DD-News Programmes.
- The districts covered by this Transmitter are Ranchi & some parts of adjoining districts.
The associated technical facilities in relation to above mentioned two transmitters are as follows:
- Various modern equipments for monitoring and measurement are available.
- 3 Nos. Diesel Generator Sets of 62.5 KVA capacity are available.
- 2 TR Split type A/C Units (9 Nos.) have been providing for cooling of the Transmitter Halls.
- Seven nos. 2 TR Split type A/C units have been provided with the 10 KW NEC Transmitter for its internal cooling (closed loop cooling).
- There is one Maintenance Room for carrying out repairs/servicing of equipments.
- To extend facilities to the Shift Duty Personnel, amenities like well-furnished kitchen and dormitory have been provided.